Whether you are a AT&T regular customer or just enjoy using the ATT email service, proactively changing your SBC e-mail password from time to time is a good idea to ensure your account as protective.
The easier way to reset or change your password is to go to att.com/emailreset. If you know your login password, then you can just sign in to your account and change your password from your account too if you want.
How To Reset SBCGlobal Email Password
- Open a new tab on your web browser (Ctrl+T) and then go to att.com/emailreset. You will be re-directed to the ATT Forgot Password page.
- Select Password. Enter your User ID and then your Last Name and then click on Continue button.
- Now select how do you want to reset your password. Choose ‘Send a temporary password’ or ‘I’ll answer my security questions’.
- If you chose ‘send me a temporary password’, you have to again choose method to receive temporary password. You can get this via text message or e-mail.
- Enter the temporary password and select Continue.
- Now create a new and strong password. Re-enter for confirmation and select Continue.
- Look for the reset password confirmation and you are all set.
Things To Remember While Resetting SBCGlobal Password
- If you use a third-party email client , you must update your stored password in order to send and receive email.
- If your AT&T email address is the same as your Email ID that you use on att.com to manage your accounts, please remember that resetting your email password also change your login password on att.com. You also have to update your password everywhere you have saved it including your mobile device.
- For additional help, go to att.com/emailsupport.
If you want to know on how you can protect your account and prevent from being hacked, then please read this article.