It is one of the world’s largest communications companies which have a diverse portfolio of technology including Wi-Fi, 4G cell phone networks and landline telephone service. It includes yahoo.com domain addresses, sbcglobal.net and other domains as well as here are many online tools which you can use for set up and modify your email account. You need to remember that the sbcglobal.net tools are completely different from the yahoo.com tools. Here i am going to show you How to setup SBCGlobal email.
To set up your SBCGlobal.net account in Microsoft Outlook, you need to provide your email addresses of a client, and the connection settings for the incoming and outgoing mail servers respectively. The address of the servers is changed when SBC Communications Inc. acquired AT&T Corp.; “pop.sbcglobal.net,” for example, it is no longer valid now. Outlook need to communicate with AT&T’s servers to use a new message in your mailbox and deliver the emails which you send to the appropriate recipients.
How to Setup SBCGlobal email:
- At first Open your browser and type www.sbcglobal.com in URL or you can search in google search engine after that you need to login to the Microsoft Outlook account by giving email address and password
- After opening account you need to select the “File” tab which is in the Top right screen of your PC in the navigation bar and after that you need to click in the “Add Account” button to run Add Account Setup.
- After that you need to select “Manual Setup or Additional Server Types,” and then click in the “Next” button for the further processing.
- You need to select “POP or IMAP” on the Choose Service page, and then click “Next” button for the next step to do.
- In the next page, you need to enter your name and email address into the given blank text box and then choose “POP3” from the “Account Type” in the drop-down menu.
- Now enter “inbound.att.net” into the Incoming Mail Server field and “outbound.att.net” into the Outgoing Mail Server field again you need to enter your email address into the User Name field, and then type your sign-in password into the Password field.
- After that now click in the “More Settings” button where you need to select the “Outgoing Server” field, and then check “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.”
- Now you select the “Advanced” tab which is next to the outgoing server click and check “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection (SSL),”.
- You need to enter “995” into the “Incoming Server (POP3)” field as well as “465” into the “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” field and then you select “SSL” from the “Use the Following Type of Encrypted Connection” drop-down menu.
- At last you click in “OK” button and after that click in the “Next” button to configure the mailbox and click in the “Finish” button then you click “Close” to exit the wizard.