Before you are able to use SBCglobal email, you first need to know the necessary email server settings. SBCglobal.net email settings process is actually quiet simple. Email domains/extensions provided by AT&T are sbcglobal.net, att.net, bellsouth.net, prodigy.net, snet.net, pacbell.net and flash.net.
SBCglobal.net email settings include POP server and SMTP server settings for all the email domains. POP3 and SMTP are simply two different protocols which is used to access emails from simple or multiple devices.
Process for SBCglobal.net Email Settings
SBCglobal email server domain setting : sbc global.net
SBCglobal POP server/Port setting (Incoming) : pop.att.yahoo.com
SBCglobal SMTP server/Port setting (Outgoing) : smtp.att.yahoo.com (authentication must)
Incoming Mail server : POP3
Incoming Mail Port : inbound.att.net/995, secure connection (SSL) with 995 being port
Outgoing Mail Port : outbound.att.net/465, secure connection (SSL) with 465 being port
SBCglobal POP3 ID/Username : The applicable POP3 user ID/username for SBCglobal is [email protected]
If you want to setup Personal Email (POP3/IMAP4) manually:
- Launch the Applications tray, tap on Email and then Next.
- Select Manual Set-up.
- Choose Account type (POP3/IMAP4).
- Verify any already existed details below with Email provider as correct or delete the already existed information in the fields and replace it with the correct email provider’s settings. Please remember that any wrong settings will prevent email server connection.
- Enter Username (usually full email address:”[email protected]”)
- Type in your Password
- Type POP3 incoming server address.
- Choose Security (SSL)
- Enter email provider’s incoming Port# 995 (port# will auto-populate when security is selected, verify port# is correct)
- Verify that incoming settings are correct, including anything that was auto-populated, and press NEXT.
- Handset will connect to server if all details above matches.
After you are done and incoming server details has been confirmed, you’ll be asked for outgoing server info.
- Enter outgoing SMTP server name.
- Choose Security (SSL)
- Type email provider’s outgoing port #465.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your email account password.
- Verify that outgoing settings are correct, including anything that was auto-populated, and press NEXT.
Handset will connect to server and message download will start if all information above is correct.
We hope this article was helpful. If you still have any questions regarding SBCglobal.net email settings, please go to this link http://www.att.com/esupport/main.html#!/email-support and find answer to your question.