AT&T (American Telephone & Telegraph) Email is a free web based email service provided to the customers of SBC & AT&T service. When you go to the SBC or www.att.net login page, you are re-directed to Yahoo login section. That is because AT&T and Yahoo were merged in 2003. SBC, then purchased AT&T for $16 million in 2005 and adopted its name and brand.
ATT Mail Login Procedures
- From a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, type in www.att.net and Enter.
- You will be re-directed to att.yahoo.com homepage.
- Click on Sign in link from the upper right hand side of the page.
- When the ATT mail login page loads, make sure URL start with https://.
- Type in your User ID or Email address in the first blank field. Enter your full email address including email extension for e.g. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
- Enter password related to your e-mail account/address or User ID.
- Check ‘Keep me signed in’ box if you want to save your password for future. Do not check the box if you are using a shared computer (library, cafe, office).
- Click Sign In button for successful ATT mail login.
Change & Reset Your ATT Mail Login password
Email passwords are managed in myAT&T and cannot be reset from att.net. If your email address is linked to your AT&T Access ID, changing your AT&T access id password automatically changes your email to the same password.
If you use your actual email address as your AT&T access ID, changing your email password automatically changes your AT&T Access ID to the same password.
If you have merged your AT&T email with your AT&T yahoo.com email address, use your AT&T email address in the following instructions :
If You Forgot Your Email Password
- Simply go to www.att.net. Click the Mail icon from the upper right side of the page.
- Now select Forgot Password? link. From the other page, select “Password”
- Enter your User ID and then your last name. Then select Continue.
- You can choose to receive a temporary password or answer your security questions.
- If you choose “Send me a temporary password”, then AT&T will send you a temporary password in the alternative or recovery email address that you provided during sign up.
- Use that temporary password and change your password to a new one.
- If you remember your security questions and answers, you can create a new password right on the web page.
- Select “I’ll answer my security questions”, then simply answer the question 1 and 2. Select Continue. Now create a new password.
- Look for the “Password Successfully Reset” confirmation message. Congratulations! You have successfully reset your ATT mail login password.
Change Your ATT Email Login Password
If you know your current password, you can change your login password from your account settings. Frequently changing your password helps to protect your account from being hacked.
- Go to the web address www.att.com
- Click on myAT&T link from the top of the homepage right next to Support.
- Sign in to your AT&T account.
- After your are logged in, click on Profile from the top, then select myAT&T Login Password.
- Now enter your current password.
- Choose a new strong password. Re-enter new password for confirmation.
- Click Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
- You can even create a security question and answer for your ATT account from this page.