Yahoo! Mail is a web-based email service offered by the American company, Yahoo!. The service is free for personal use, and paid-for business email plans are available. Yahoo mail is one of the largest web mail services providers along with Gmail and Hotmail.
Steps For Yahoo Mail Sign In
- Open a new tab on your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) by pressing Ctrl+T on Windows or Command ⌘+T on Mac.
- Go to the web address yahoomail.com or mail.yahoo.com.
- You will see a Yahoo mail login section at the right hand side. If someone has already signed in with their Yahoo id, then sign out from that account.
- Enter your Yahoo username or full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Then click Next.
- Type in your password. Then click on Sign in button for successful Yahoo mail sign in.
Yahoo Mail sign in Problems
During www.yahoo.com mail login, sometimes you might have to face some problems. Sometimes these problems may be the result of bad internet connection. Check if your internet is working properly or not. Contact your Internet service provider if you have to.
Another possibility for Yahoo mail login issues can be the problem of Yahoo mail site itself. Even sites like Facebook, Yahoo! can go down for a while because of some technical issues. To check if www.yahoomail.com is down right now or not, then click on this link http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/mail.yahoo.com.html
Check for the spelling mistakes, or missing letters in your email address and password. Passwords are always case-sensitive. So turn off the Caps Lock on your keyboard if it is on before entering your password.
Reset Your Yahoo Mail Login Password
If none of the above tips seems to be working, then it is better to reset Yahoo password. It also works when you forgot Yahoo password and you need to regain access to your www.yahoo.com mail account.
Before going through the reset procedures, you need to know that you must have provided alternative contact email and mobile number during Yahoo mail sign up. During Yahoo password recovery, what Yahoo! does is, they make sure you are the authorised person and owner of the account before making any changes. In order to know that, Yahoo will send you verification code in your alternative e-mail address or mobile.
- Go to this direct link https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?
- Enter the Yahoo email address that you are going to reset. Then click Continue.
- If you have access to the phone that is connected to your Yahoo account, then click on Yes, text me an Account Key.
- If you do not have access to the phone, then click I don’t have access to this phone. Then it will ask this you have access to the alternative e-mail address that you have provided during sign up.
- To receive verification code, click “Yes, send me an Account Key” button. You will receive a verification code on your mobile or email , depending on which method you chose.
- Enter that verification account key and click on Verify button.
- Now click on Create a new password button.
- Set a new Yahoo mail login password. Confirm your password by re-entering it. Click on Continue and you have successfully reset yahoo mail login password.